GESS is always looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Please no recruiters or third party referrals.
Global Engineering Scientific Solutions, a/k/a GESS, is a forensic engineering consulting firm with specialty, amongst others, in vehicular accident reconstruction, product evaluation, and failure analysis. We are currently looking for an engineering technician with a broad range of experience/interest in automotive industry including but not limited to design, manufacturing, automation, accident reconstruction, and forensic investigation of passenger, commercial, and recreational vehicles for our Palm Beach office.
To Apply: Candidate must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident authorized to work in the United States.
- Engineering technicians with 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Ex law enforcement with experience in commercial vehicles accident investigation.
- DOT inspectors and/or investigators experienced with commercial vehicles.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct field documentation of incidents involving all types of vehicular accidents, heavy machinery, motorcycles, and mechanical equipment and devices including but not limited to passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, industrial equipment, such as presses, cranes, pressure vessels, and hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, and gas operated devices and systems.
- Assist project managers according to GESS process and procedures.
- Ability to drive short and long distances to and from inspection sites.
- Travel in state or out of state for assignments.
- Ability to maneuver in and around an accident site.
- Ability to lift up to 52 lbs.
- Ability to climb atop, crawl under and get into machineries or vehicles that are being documented.
- Ability to work indoor, outdoor, and in the sun, rain, heat and cold for extended hours.
- Ability to work with tools.
- Ability to listen and follow direction.
- Interest and experience with working with vehicles, motorcycles, jet skis, boats, etc.
- Hands on experience with working on vehicles, motorcycles, jet skis, boats, etc.
- Preferably technical certification, associate, or bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited institution in the forensic industry field.
- Engineering and/or accident documentation experience.
- Knowledge of automotive industry with hands on ability to diagnose failure modes.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Certification or knowledge in accident reconstruction equipment and/or software such as CDR, FARO, Scene, PC Crash, etc.
- Knowledge of graphics software such as 3D-Studio, Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.
- Photography and videography knowledge and experience.
- Adaptable to flexible working time and working hours.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Salary range $40k - $55K.
Global Engineering Scientific Solutions, a/k/a GESS, is a forensic engineering consulting firm with specialty, amongst others, in vehicular accident reconstruction, product evaluation, and failure analysis. We are currently looking for an administrative clerk for our Palm Beach office to assist with facilitating an efficient office by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks.
To Apply: Candidate must be a United States citizen, or a permanent resident authorized to work in the United States.
- Associate degree required.
- College Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to do light travel.
Salary range: $30K-$40K annual salary plus profit sharing, and fringe benefits that include health insurance and 401K.
Opportunity for growth.